CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.09.2008

My Mommy Bathing Suit

I wish I could backdate this post for yesterday, when I wrote it, but instead I will just copy and paste.

Today was my first day wearing my new "mom" swim suit. Its a two peice, but it has a long top so that my stomach will hopefully stay covered. We went to Wal-Mart the other day, and I got practicly the fist thing I saw, since I hate shopping with both children. It on its own is not the most attractive suit ever, I am hoping it will be temporary, and that one day I will retreive some semblance of my old body. I sorely miss my skinny, no cellulite, no streatch mark body. I remember when I wore a swim suit with pride! No more though. Now I wrap my towel around my waist before I leave the house, and practically leap into the pool as soon as its off, praying nobody is looking too closely.

Now, I don't feel that I look so bad for having given birth a month ago. However, the people at the pool do not know I just gave birth, and several of them have bodies that have never given birth to anything at all. And several of them are my age.

Also, I did not realize untill we were leaving the pool that I had somehow forgotten to take the tag off the bottom peice of the suit. Double embarrasing. I need my own yard, with its own pool I think, where the only people who will think I'm a fool are the ones who already know I am.

I did not enjoy the suit part of the swim today, to say the least, but I did survive it.
Aislyn, however, in her Elmo and Zoe one peice that just got all of its tags torn off today, loved her swim. She has been begging for a few days now to go in the pool, witch is how i got coaxed into the mommy suit in the first place. She was adorable with her enormous blue swim wings on. Her arms were stuck out at her sides. So freaking funny. She got right in and had soo much fun. I guess that makes it all worth while. She even did ok when I let her go so that just the floaties were holding her up. What a brave little girl. I was so proud.

There were some older children in the pool with us, around middle school age, and my poor daughter kept trying to play with them. She's so friendly, and she had no friends her own age. It breaks my heart. She kept yelling "hi" to them, and saying "mommy, friends!" I wanted to cry. They, of course, ignored her completely. My poor girl. I cannot wait until this fall. If i get into the nursing program I applied for, she will be going to daycare, where there will be lots of kids who can be her friends. She's so outgoing, and loves people so much, i know it will be good for her.


Tristan stayed home with daddy while we swam. I suspect he slept the whole time. The biggest part of his day was a poop that escaped his diaper and ended up on the couch. Yuck.

0 comments: